Kinect 2 Fundamentals
Everyone has had a client ask them to make something cool with a Kinect 2. Where do you being? What can you make? Will it be hard or easy? How do we combine the Kinect info with regular TouchDesigner work that we have to do. In this workshop, I introduce you to the fundamentals of using the Kinect 2. This includes initial setup, using the invaluable Kinect Studio 2.0, demonstrating the common uses of Kinect 2 in TouchDesigner, and then talking through many of the common hardware pitfalls when using a Kinect 2 for a project.
- 2 hours of HD video
- Project files
- Learn to work with Kinect Studio 2
- Work with common Kinect operators
- Start drawing in 2D with skeleton data
- Scale up with instancing on Kinect skeleton data
- Create real-time SOP geometry with Kinect data
- Build real-time 3D point clouds based on Kienct depth textures
- Combine Kinect player index data with nVidia Flow for real-time person tracking effects
- Figure out common hardware difficulties and FAQ about Kinects
- Beginner TouchDesigner skills
- Microsoft Kinect 2 for Windows sensor
"Elburz is a master, and as a teacher he uniquely takes on the seemingly mundane but ultimately very important micro lessons woven into the macro techniques which makes for a highly productive and holistic approach to learning. His attention to detail, sense of humor, and worldly perspective on the industry makes him a perfect teacher."
Elburz is the co-founder of The Interactive & Immersive HQ, the Immersive Technical Director of zero11zero, lead of nVoid division, and is one of the leading authorities on TouchDesigner.
He has worked on product launches, permanent installations, and worldwide tours with clients like Google, Kanye West, Giorgio Armani, Burj Khalifa, VISA, Nike, US Open, TIFF, American Express, Seattle Art Museum, Cannes Lions, Axwell & Ingrosso, Verizon, McDonalds, IBM, and many more. Elburz has lead teams across the world from Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Montreal, Toronto, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, Bangkok, Dubai, Scotland, and Paris.